Energizing Summer Snacks
Putting some thought behind your snack choices can help you feel your best. To reap the biggest benefit from snacking, choose foods that satisfy your hunger while delivering key nutrients and an energy boost. Use our tips to enjoy snacks that leave you feeling energized and ready for adventure.
Keep energy levels up by combining protein and fiber to help keep you nourished for hours.
- Homemade trail mix with whole-grain cereal, nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- Cheese cubes
- Beef or turkey jerky
- Hard-cooked eggs
- Tex-Mex Pinwheels
- Ranch-Spiced Crispy Garbanzo Beans
- PB & Berry Chia Snack Bars
Keep it Fresh
Fruits and veggies are ideal choices for snacks. Pair them with nutrient-dense dips like guacamole, hummus, nut butter or yogurt for the ultimate snack combo.
- Seasonal fruit like watermelon, berries and peaches
- Dried fruits
- Carrots, celery, cucumber slices, mini bell peppers
- Watermelon-Blueberry Pops
- Confetti Fruit Salsa
- Easy-Freezy Banana Dessert
Fun and easy-to-eat snacks are best for the youngsters.
- String cheese
- Squeezable or drinkable yogurt
- Ants on a log (celery sticks, peanut butter and raisins)
- Whole-grain crackers or popcorn
- No-Bake Energy Bites
- Banana Berry Roll-Ups
- Apple Raisin Sandwiches